Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bounty



These are tomatoes that my dad picked for us to take home. There is a little U-Pick-It farm near where my parents live and every year we anxiously await Tomato season. Oh My Goodness! They are so good. We brought home a big paper grocery bag full and gave some away and saved the rest. The greenies are soaking up some more sun, and I am planning a homemade salsa for Taco Night tonight. Yum-Dilly-Um! They are so good on their own that I had a thick slice of one on toast for breakfast this morning. They are inspiring me to get started on my salsa garden. I really want to grow a big veggie garden out back, but I think I will start with salsa ingredients first (tomatoes, cilantro, peppers) and not go crazy and give up. Maybe some watermelons too. But that's it. And I already have sunflower seeds, so them too....but THAT IS IT!

I'm doing errands today, delivering, packing, shipping, and then I will be in the studio the rest of the day into the wee hours. Hopefully, I'll have something to show you soon!
Have a peaceful, bountiful day!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Aaaahhh, I'm suffering from severe tomato envy now! That was a big reason I was looking forward to going down there, well those and strawberries. Because all we have right now are CRAP! EXPENSIVE crap! I bought some Romas the other day just hoping they'd actually have flavor to them, but no.
    I decided the other day to start small and just see how I do with some tomato plants. I had some successful flowers grow last year, but sadly my sunflowers didn't make it. I'm not sure why.

    ReplyDelete

Aloha friends! Thank you for stopping by and checking out my art!