Shari Sherman

Shari Sherman

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Birthday Advice




Today is my birthday! Happy birthday to me! I have a tendency to celebrate all week long, and this year was no exception. To kick off the week, we went to the Lil 500, a go-kart race track that has been there so long that we went there when we were kids! It has probably been close to 30 years since I was there last! Leila loves it and I am so surprised at how well she can drive! She really takes the corners like a pro and still has time to pose for the camera in true-Leila form! Afterwards, we went to another local institution for lunch, Kappy's. A small drive-in, greasy-spoon type joint that has the best subs! and waffle fries with Ranch! YUM!

Later that day, I was treated to an impromptu mini-birthday party at my friend Lisa's place. We took care of a bottle of champagne and had a great afternoon relaxing and talking, munching bread and olive dipping oil. I left with shoes, a new bag, Chocovine and Pina Coladas, roses....so much...So much to be grateful for!

The next day I enjoyed a great dinner with the family at Bonefish Grill. All I have to say is that Bang-Bang shrimp and Ahi Tuna Sashimi makes me a happy girl. And so did the collossal brownie, ice cream surprise at the end!

Monday was my day at the beach. I usually try to go by myself to reflect and just to have "quiet time." The Old Skool Surf School was in session when I got there. It was fun to watch the kids learning to surf. I treated myself to a Banana Colada Slurpee and Mon Delice . It was a beautiful gorgeous day! All I really need is my toes in the sand and some little waves and I am lovin' life!

And that brings me to today...my actual birthday... I'll let ya know what happens.....

Oh, and my birthday advice....have fun at any age!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha friends! It's so nice to hear from you!