Shari Sherman

Shari Sherman

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Meet ED




This is ED (which is short for Empathy Doll, name courtesy of my husband Tim). He is actually an Empathy Monster, but he keeps a low profile about that whole monster business. It has such gruesome connotations and can be filled with negative stereotyping. He is a little softie that I made as part of the fabulous ARt, Heart, and Healing workshop. So much goodness there, check it out if your creative juices need a little stirring up. ED is a listener. He doesn't offer any advice or anecdotes...he just listens. Lately, he's been listening to how time flies, and how I feel like I am in the same place I so often am with way too much to do and not enough time to do it, about how I feel as if I am just running from one place to the other. Why am I repeating this pattern?  Why I am continuing to make the same choices that end me up here?  I wish ED could just tell me the answers, but I know that his silence will help me find the answers within.


And here is a booth shot from my recent art show down on Sanibel Island. I really like how it is evolving. That proud green table in the center was a shabby roadside pickup that just got a sweet facelift with a little help from the Voggies. Can you believe that someone just threw it away?  The next project on the list is to paint my director chairs and now that I look at it, possibly paint the legs on my print holder with black and white striping. (I seriously think I'm addicted to black and white stripes!!)  I just love seeing how different artists display their work. Send me some links if you'd like to share!

Go out and be kind!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great-LOVE the refurbished table (of course)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! I know you can appreciate the beauty of trash to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shari,
    I'm so happy to visit your beautiful site! It's a happy, uplifting place! Your artwork is vibrant and alive, and I just love it! Thanks for stopping by teenytinypieces. I'll stop back in to check on you soon, and see what's new!
    Take good care!
    :) Jane

    ReplyDelete

Aloha friends! It's so nice to hear from you!