Monday, April 25, 2011

New mixed media peice


Here is another one of my new mixed media pieces. I am really digging the freedom that mixed media offers. I made this for my mother-in-law's birthday. I can't believe that just a short time ago, I didn't really enjoy "doing faces." Now I feel quite comfortable and am happy with how they are coming out. If there is something that you are uncomfortable with, but wish you weren't, my advice is to take a few workshops or watch a few instructional videos, and practice, practice. You'll be amazed at the world that will be opened to you. I enjoyed Jodi Ohl's and Tam's workshops when working with faces.

I used a stretched canvas as a base which I painted a variety of blues and greens. Then I collaged torn papers and die-cuts layered with different paints. For the girl, I used watercolors and Pitt pens on separate watercolor paper. I then cut her out and used gel medium to glue her to the collage. I used stamps for the words and voila! Whoop, there she is. Hope you enjoy her!



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Dearest sweet shari, this painting is beautiful! Your mama-in-law is so lucky to have this as a present. Thanks so much for sharing your process with us...it's always so inspiring and interesting to read other talented artist's process.
    I hope you had an awesome easter weekend! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her-especially the glasses.
    xop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kindness, Jacqueline and Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she's beautiful!!! i also love your radiate love beams piece! the colors are just awesome. keep up the good work girlie!

    ReplyDelete

Aloha friends! Thank you for stopping by and checking out my art!