|My almost finished piece...every time I walk by it I love it more and more!|
"The Sun, the Moon, and a little Star" by Shari Sherman, 30" x 30" mixed media on canvas
As I've said before in other workshop reviews, my criteria for a good workshop is simple...that you walk away feeling good and inspired and that you leave having learned something. I had a wonderful time at Tracy Verdugo's Paint Mojo workshop in St. Pete Beach, FL, and this is what I learned....
(2) What I learned from Tracy, besides some artsy techniques, is that dreams do come true. You can create the life that you want to live. It Can Happen. This is something I already know, but it is energizing to hear it from someone who is living it.
(4) I love Anne-Marie Colwell. She is so fun and full of life. A perfect artist companion to share this weekend with.
(5) Sea Critters on Gulf Blvd. in St. Pete Beach has an awesome tomato BISQUE with lump crab. Super Delish. If you are in the area, stop in to try it. You won't be disappointed.
(6) I'm a simple girl. Art all day. A cocktail watching the sun set over the ocean. Good food, family and friends. That is it. That is all I need. And Dogs.
(7) If you get up early, the moon and sun will smile on you at the same time.
(8) There are so many powerful, creative women surrounding me. Their stories are all unique, coming from all walks of life, but getting together we feel like we have all gathered for a reunion. Our hearts are connected, and I'm happy to discover so many who live closeby.
(9) I love mixed media and intuitive painting and the meanings behind the marks. I have always known that all of this creating was never really just about pretty pictures. It's deeper, it's meditation, it's prayerful, it's connection.
(10) The world is filled with so much goodness and BEAUTY. Our country, just having gone through an election, has gone through months of division, months of focusing on differences, months of arguing opinions. It was so nice to be reminded of the positive energy that can be FELT when a group of creatives get together to CREATE.
I LOVE ART!