Shari Sherman

Shari Sherman

Saturday, January 31, 2015

My Heart's Desire...workshop

Vicki Pleus and I, Heart's Desire Workshop, January 28, 2015

What a busy week I've had!  Coming off of last weekend's retreat with Elizabeth St. Hilaire and then my mid-week private workshop party for the amazing Vicki Pleus at the Funky Trunk.  I was honored and thankful to Vicki for asking me to be a part of her celebration. What a fun group of friends she has. It was really a delightful night of artsy play for all of us. We worked with inks, paint, collage, stamping, and oil pastels. For the beginning of this workshop, I had them all write out their desires along with feelings that they want to bring into their lives (Hello! Desire Map! It's in my blood now!) with oil pastels on the canvas before we painted. I think they all really liked this "secret message" to themselves.

I let Kim know that I am definitely interested in doing more private parties. It's a little different vibe in a class where everyone knows everyone. Like visiting a tribe.

I finished up the week with a big to-do list (which will have to be carried over to next week) and a little bit of a cold. Rather than pushing myself and draining whatever reserves of energy I might have, I decided to spend Friday eve with a big cuppa cinnamon tea and a phone call to a friend who always makes me laugh. After all, laughter is the best medicine. And I really did feel a better after we talked!

Today, the family is gathering to go through my mother-in-law's house. The house is too big for just my father-in-law now, so he will be putting it on the market soon. And we begin the process of culling through all the pieces of one's life. The photos will be hard. I'll do what I can.

Thinking of Superbowl snacks seems to make me happy. I think that will get me through. Hey, I'll take good energy wherever I can find it. I am not a snob.

Until next time, go out and be kind. (Or stay in, and be kind to yourself).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha friends! It's so nice to hear from you!