Shari Sherman

Shari Sherman

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Still a winner...


Well, I didn't get enough votes for my wine label....but I still feel like a winner for entering. And I really mean that. I could have very easily not bothered, but I am happy I did and like I mentioned in the previous post, doing this small painting has inspired a series that I'm working on. In the meantime, this little guy wanted to be in the blog today and I think he fits perfectly.

I feel a period of extreme activity coming on and I'm doing my best to prepare. I have been cleaning out my studio and organizing, (always organizing!) and streamlining. I think the new arrangement is going to work well and somehow it seems like it is roomier and lighter in there, and that is always a good thing in my book. I'll post some progress pictures soon.

I have a few commissions on deck at the moment that I hope to finish and mail by the end of next week. Also the JOB is asking for overtime (okaaay, who needs sleep?) And my art group is gearing up for a big show in August at the Casselberry Art House. We're working through the book Vein of Gold by Julia Cameron and the show will be based on that. This will entail making ceramic masks, paintings, doing personal time lines, writing, etc. Lots and lots of good stuff! Thank God summer days are longer. I'm going to need it. Peace out!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha friends! It's so nice to hear from you!