Shari Sherman

Shari Sherman

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap 2010


After coming home from my art journal group on Sunday night, I settled in with scissors and thread and got down to business on my stitched postcard. This is my first attempt at something like this, and I am pleased with how it turned out. I wish I could have done the outer stitching a bit better, but I suppose that will improve the more hand-stitching I do. I like the little house and the words and I love the ribbons symbolizing the ripples in the waves. It's off to Australia! I hope whoever gets it enjoys it. It was fun to do! Now, I'll be waiting by the mailbox to see what is coming for me. So exciting.

My next sewing project is an Empathy Monster for the Art, Heart, and Healing workshop. Leila and I are working together to make these so that should be fun. The idea is to make a little monster poppet that will symbolize truly listening to your inner voice. Not adding any of the sympathy or chatter or other voices that we tend to add to justify, rationalize, or explain ourselves (we don't need to!). Just a little monster who will sit and listen...and be super cute! 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Oh it is so cute. I love the waves. I think I will be doing the next stich postcard event. It looks like fun. The only problem is I am the worse sewer ever. But maybe I can inprove. Yes, That's the attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! So glad it's making you happy

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey girlie, I love your postcard ... can we see the otherside?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's arrived and I love it!!!! Thank you so much. It is so perfect for our family as we love the sea and I can't imagaine we will ever live far from it. It's such a sweet design. I think you did a fabulous job with the sewing (the one I made has a lot less stitches and lots of glue!) I'm going to get yours framed. Thanks again! Lovely to meet you : ) Off to post it on my blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chantal, So glad you like it! I was a bit worried that you might not be a water person, but happy to find out that your family is! And it warms my heart to think of you having it framed. What a fun experience this postcard swap has been!

    ReplyDelete

Aloha friends! It's so nice to hear from you!