Shari Sherman

Shari Sherman

Monday, November 15, 2010

Art EVery Day Entries Backlog Days 11-14





I know I probably sound like a broken record, but I can't say how much I'm enjoying Art Every Day Month. Here are the creative things I've been working on the last few days. I had to hold off on showing them as they are pages for a circle journal that I am in, and I didn't want to spoil the surprise by posting too soon (which I did a little bit on the above mermaid...see earlier post!)

I am lovin' working with all of this mixed media. There is such a freedom to just create how you want and having more tools and supplies at your disposal helps with bringing what is in my head out onto the page or canvas. It's all about this sense of freedom when creating. It doesn't matter if it's messy. It certainly doesn't need to be perfect. Which is kinda the opposite of what we are taught. We are taught to "get it right." Even as a self taught artist, attending a variety of different learning avenues, there is a sense of teaching yourself along the lines as if you are in a course or a program, of learning to do it the "right way". I have been realizing just how many creative people are intimidated by this "right way" of thinking, myself included. And doing art every day is helping me realize that whatever way I do what I do IS the "right way" for me. 

Art Heals.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:17 AM

    As I'm running out the door, I just stopped by to check out your blog. WOW! Your art is beautiful!!!!!!! I'm so excited to come home and read more, see more, and bask in the light here. :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Aloha friends! It's so nice to hear from you!