Shari Sherman

Shari Sherman

Monday, January 2, 2012

Black-eyed Peas and Mermies!


Some Black-eyed Peas for Good Luck! I make a recipe called Hoppin' John. A combo of sausage (I used veggie), onions, the black-eyed peas, and rice. Add a few jiggers of hot sauce to individual bowls. The tradition is to add a shiny penny to the pot, and whoever ends up with the lucky penny is sure to have some super-duper good luck through the year! It was Leila who got it, after 3 servings! Then, today she tells me that she really didn't like it, but she ate it because she wanted that penny!  Hmmm, maybe I should plant a penny in some brussel sprouts!


These are a couple of cuties I worked on yesterday. I only had about an hour to spare and was in one of those moods where I didn't think I'd get too much done...was I wrong or what?  I just LOVE them!  Thinking of some words to add to them....

And I still haven't thought of my word of the year....have you?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. They are adorable-as always! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how you took that 1 hour to create! it is my life too, right now, one bit at a time. your artwork makes me smile :). hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Aloha friends! It's so nice to hear from you!