Shari Sherman

Shari Sherman

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Bittersweet Mother's Day





It was my first Mother's Day without my mom. It helped to be near the ocean, and to see this SKY. So blue, not a cloud in it. Skies like this say to me, "All is Well"...like a hug. I am determined to let myself be pampered the next few days. 




My daughter and I spent the day together. Getting to the beach early, enjoying the quiet time before it started to fill up. Making ourselves go into the freezing cold water and laughing big, scared, belly laughs when the fish would skim over our feet. So many fish!  

We decided that the trip would not be complete with a visit to Mon Delice for subs, and pastries of course. 



And waking up to this on Mother's day.! I love to cook for my family, but it is nice to take a day off too!






And the best card from my daughter. I thought she forgot, and then THIS. Grateful. 

I filled my day doing everything I wanted. I played in the studio, hung in the hammock with a fruity cocktail, surf the web just playing around, and relax with my stack of books! And thought about my mom. 



Until next time, Lovebeams to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha friends! It's so nice to hear from you!