Shari Sherman

Shari Sherman

Sunday, January 7, 2018

2018! Happy New Year!

I don't know why it comes as such a surprise. There are 365 days leading up to it. But every turn of the new year finds me saying..."I just can't believe it is the new year!"  And this year is no different. It truly is amazing how time flies.

One of my favorite things to do is to pick a word of the year. It is a trend turned tradition wherein you pick a word to guide you throughout the year. Sometimes the word comes easily and pops right into my head, and other times it takes a little meditation and quietness to allow it to surface. This year I immediately thought of CONSISTENCY. I want to make things happen this year. I want to get a few long-standing projects completed and I want to forge a new path. And I know that consistency in all that I do will help with that.

But then...I started to have thoughts. The definition of consistency includes words like conformity, unvarying, and regular. Uhhh....No. I know myself and I know that anything rigid makes me want to rebel.

So I thought some more and surfed the web and researched as I do and my word of the year is:

DEVOTE
To give all or a large part of one's time and resources to. To dedicate formally. It's definition is surrounded by words like faithful, committed, dedicated and loyal. It is HEARTFELT, while still packing everything it needs to get'r done.

I want to DEVOTE more of my time and resources to my ART LIFE!

The last couple of years, my spirit has been recovering from my mom passing. It has been a wild ride with lots of ups and downs and twists and turns, but I am so ready to CREATE again. I am so ready to get back in the ring. I am ready to DEVOTE my energy to my dreams again.

Devote, Devoted, Devotion

Yes.


Until next time, Lovebeams to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha friends! It's so nice to hear from you!