Shari Sherman

Shari Sherman

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Gibson Guitartown Update

The date is set for May 7, 2009 at Universal Orlando for Gibson's Orlando Guitartown. This is a charity auction to benefit several groups around O-town. There are about 70 ten-foot guitars and maybe 20 regular Gibson Les Pauls. It's going to be a lot of fun and I am anxious to see what musicians show up. I based my guitar on Jack Johnson and would freak out if he showed. There is supposed to be a show by The Blue Man Group, so that will be interesting. Is it reasonable to consider losing 20 pounds and fitting into my leather pants for this event? This is what happens when I get the music in me.


Here's my guitar. I am so proud of her. She's been downtown on Central Blvd. near Dexter's. The neck is a line from a Jack Johnson song: The water below gives a gift to the sky, and the clouds give back every time they cry. I just love her 70s hair and you can't see it from this pic, but she has glittery rhinestones glued all over her to catch the sun.




3 comments:

  1. Damn, that is so cool!
    I love Jack Johnson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a similar thing here in the UK with Guitars. It was amazing. I love yours too!

    Here's a link to my post about them:

    http://designshack.blogsboom.com/18544/Gibson+Guitars.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just put on some Jack Johnson as soon as I started reading your post. Love all the photos. Can't wait to read and see more of your blog.Thanks for dropping by mine.

    ReplyDelete

Aloha friends! It's so nice to hear from you!