Shari Sherman

Shari Sherman

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

101010-FINAL DAY and it's ME!!!


Aloha Friends!  It's the final day of this round of 101010 (888) and what fun it has been! Thank you, Robin Norgren, for putting it all together.  Today, all the participants will be answering their own questions. And anyone who knows me, knows how perfect my question is for me.  I am a huge animal lover and have been using animal medicine cards for years to guide me along.  Read below to find out my answer to:  What animal would represent your first year of business?

Also, as we wrap up this project, I'd like to remind you that if you like my blog, please feel free to follow me over on the sidebar.  The same goes for any of the participants that you happen to discover.  This has been a great way to meet some new artsy businesswomen.  I'm always curious to see how someone else does it!




Shari Sherman

Name of Business:  Hula Dog Designs by Shari Sherman

Social Media Links:
Blog:  http://dashboardhula.blogspot.com/
Facebook Fan Page:  https://www.facebook.com/HulaDogDesigns
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/#!/HulaDogDesigns
Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/sharisherman/
ETSY:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/HulaDogDesigns

Years in Business:  Hula Dog Designs by Shari Sherman, was started in 2010.  Prior to that, I created art as Island Girl Studio, LLC since 2004. 

Brief Bio: 
I make Happy Art for Happy People!  I love that thrill of getting an idea and making it come to life.  I love bright colors (especially turquoise!), strong simple lines, and adding words of inspiration to my art.  I like mixed-media because it is limitless, but painting will always be my first love.  My subject matter frequently includes dogs, books, and anything related to the ocean/beach, because that is what I LOVE.  People often smile when they see my art, and I feel like I am doing my part in making the world a happier place!

QUESTION 3:   What animal would represent your first year of business? 

Even though my business began with dog paintings, I think I was more of a monkey!  Like a crazy monkey...I was just so happy and excited to be out there, being an artist, that I tried to do everything I could get into. Anything I hadn't tried before, I wanted to do it, just to do it. I was all over the place, which wasn't necessarily a bad thing. In fact, the experiences were invaluable.  But from a business standpoint, that is not necessarily the most efficient, successful way.  Now I try to operate more like a turtle...slow and steady, deliberately taking steps, instead of jumping from here to there to waaay over there, like a crazy monkey!


Shari is currently working on a book project called, The Inklings.  For more information on this and other fun stuff, like her page,  Hula Dog Designs on Facebook or check out her blog, Dashboard Hula.

If you'd like to check out the other participants' questions and answers, click HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there to all
    Great beat, I hadn't thought about it quite that way.
    Waiting for more

    ReplyDelete

Aloha friends! It's so nice to hear from you!