Shari Sherman

Shari Sherman

Friday, September 4, 2015

Artist Date - East End Market

Now that Artist Way has started up again, at the beginning of each week, I try to think of a place where I would like to have my artist date. I was contemplating the library or bookstore or possibly Ace Hardware. THEN, quite by chance, I had the opportunity to stop into East End Market. If you haven't been here, you have to check it out. It is a combination of different vendors: a bookseller, a little greenery, and so much goood food!  I had the pleasure of trying something from Houndstooth Sauce Co. and Fatto in Casa.  First, I spotted some pesto at Fatto in Casa, and since I was planning on making pizza that night for dinner, I thought this would be good to have on hand. Then a mixed green frittata caught my eye. At $4, this would satisfy my wallet and my need for some pr otein. While waiting for my frittata to be heated, I stepped next door to Houndstooth. At the very top of their daily menu board was curry split pea soup! I love curry and I love split pea, but I had never thought to combine the two. And this would make the perfect accompaniment to my frittata! Delish!


I did end up making pizza that night, but I also was inspired to make a tomato, mozarella, and pesto tart...and it turned out friggin' fantastic if I do say so myself! 

I can't wait for my next visit to East End Market to check out some more culinary inspiration. Oh, I forgot to mention it is located on Corrine, a short distance from RT Art's. Come to think of it, I need to pick up some prints soon...

Until next time, go out and be kind! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha friends! It's so nice to hear from you!