Shari Sherman

Shari Sherman

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Making felt ornaments for Leu Gardens ***UPDATE***




The Craft Shack is closed this week as Debbie is up in North Carolina enjoying a vacation with her parents. Meanwhile, I'm finishing up the felt ornaments and stuffies for the Leu Gardens Holiday House. I made the above prototypes first and then created stencils for them so they would be easy to "mass produce." Many thanks go out to Wendy Cagen (cardinals) and Patty Nowell (hedgehogs) for all of their hard work in making these whimsical little ornaments. 


These little ornaments have inspired me to work more with felt. I LOVE handsewing, and as soon as I let go of the need to make perfect stitches, a whole world of creations springs into my mind. I am working on some super cute felt JELLYFISH for the upcoming holiday markets. So keep your eye out for those. I'll post some soon!


And here's how they look on the tree as it is set up in the children's room at the Leu Gardens Holiday House. The house will be on display for guided tours throughout the holidays. Please stop by and check out The Craft Shack's room. Check http://www.leugardens.org/ for schedule. 


Until next time, Lovebeams to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha friends! It's so nice to hear from you!